Are you a student using SAS in your research?
Are you interested in networking with other SAS users?
Would you like to enhance your SAS skills?
The SouthEast SAS Users Group (SESUG) Conference is an educational event that encourages knowledge sharing among SAS users in the southeastern United States. For the third year, SESUG and SAS plan to award conference registration scholarships to selected students who are using SAS in their class work or research.
If you are a student who uses SAS and you would like to attend SESUG 2008, you are invited to apply for a student registration scholarship. The application deadline is March 24, 2008. Decisions will be communicated by April 7, 2008.
Scholarship winners will enjoy:
Selection Criteria for Scholarship Awards Includes:
- Reduced registration fee of only $50 (normally $395) for SESUG in St Pete Beach, Florida, October 19-22, 2008.
- Recognition as a scholarship recipient on the web, in conference materials, and at the conference.
- A special scholarship winnerís luncheon at the conference.
* Scholarship recipients are not required to present a paper, but preference is given to those willing to help at the conference. Learn more at http://www.sesug.org/SESUG2008/Volunteers.html.
- Submission of a complete application, by March 24, 2008.
- Status as a student in a degree-granting program, at time of application and at time of conference (Oct 19-22, 2008).
- Use of SAS software for research or studies.
- Participation in SESUG 2008 as a presenter or volunteer. *
NOTE: Student scholarships include reduced registration fee, admission to receptions, breaks, and luncheon at SESUG 2008. Travel expenses are your responsibility. SAS and SESUG will provide limited funding to assist with hotel expenses. Student Scholarship winnerís room cost will be $50 per night, for the three conference nights.
A quote from one of our 2006 Scholarship recipients:
Thank you again for the great experience at SESUG this year. I learned a great deal, not only about SAS software, but about the conference environment in general. Both are bound to help my professional development.
Please continue to offer these scholarships to other students! I am currently looking for post-graduation employment, and attendance at SESUG helped me prioritize my goals for next year. I also gained valuable insight concerning the different career paths SAS software provides.
For more information email:
February 18, 2008: Application form will be available online.
March 24, 2008: Application deadline.
April 7, 2008: Scholarship decisions will be communicated.
April 14, 2008: Paper Abstracts are due (papers are not required).