The 2009 scholarship application deadline has passed and the recipients have been notified. To encourage students to attend the 2009 conference, we are offering a special $200 registration fee!
Are you a student using SAS in your research?
Are you interested in networking with other SAS users?
Would you like to enhance your SAS skills?
The SouthEast SAS Users Group (SESUG) Conference is an educational event that encourages knowledge sharing among SAS users in the southeastern United States. For the fourth year, SESUG and SAS plan to award conference registration scholarships to selected students who are using SAS in their class work or research.
If you are a student who uses SAS and you would like to attend SESUG 2009, you are invited to apply for a student registration scholarship. The online application form will be available March 9, 2009. The application deadline is April 9, 2009, 5PM Eastern Time. Decisions will be communicated by April 15, 2009.
Scholarship winners will enjoy:
- Reduced registration fee of only $50 for SESUG in Birmingham, AL, October 25-27, 2009.
- Recognition as a scholarship recipient on the web, in conference materials, and at the conference.
- A special scholarship winnerís luncheon at the conference.
A quote from one of our 2008 Scholarship recipients:
The SESUG student scholarship was an extremely worthwhile experience, far outweighing the costs to attend and two and a half days of classes missed. Unlike other conferences, you are not just another face in the crowd. Your time at the conference is structured with numerous social events where you can meet and network with other students and attendees, all while learning lots of new things in SAS. I would highly recommend taking advantage of this opportunity.
Selection Criteria for Scholarship Awards Includes:
- Submission of a complete application, by April 9, 2009, 5PM Eastern Time.
- Status as a student in a degree-granting program, at time of application and at time of conference (Oct 25-27, 2009).
- Use of SAS software for research or studies.
- Participation in SESUG 2009 as a presenter or volunteer. *
* Scholarship recipients are not required to present a paper, but preference is given to those willing to help at the conference. Learn more at www.sesug.org/SESUG2009/Volunteers.php.
NOTE: Student scholarships include reduced registration fee, admission to receptions, breaks, and luncheon at SESUG 2009. Travel expenses are your responsibility. SAS and SESUG will provide limited funding to assist with hotel expenses. Student Scholarship winnerís room cost will be $50 per night, rather than $164, for the two conference nights.
A quote from one of our 2006 Scholarship recipients:
Thank you again for the great experience at SESUG this year. I learned a great deal, not only about SAS software, but about the conference environment in general. Both are bound to help my professional development.
Please continue to offer these scholarships to other students! I am currently looking for post-graduation employment, and attendance at SESUG helped me prioritize my goals for next year. I also gained valuable insight concerning the different career paths SAS software provides.
For more information email: ScholarshipInfo@sesug.org.
- March 9, 2009 : Application form will be available online
- April 9, 2009, 5PM Eastern Time: Application deadline
- April 15, 2009 : Scholarship decisions will be communicated.
- April 26, 2009 If you are submitting a paper for consideration paper abstracts are due (papers submissions are not required)