- Speaker sharing is one of the many ways SESUG supports local and in-house SAS user groups.
- SESUG provides SAS user groups a yearly presentation selected from our list of topics and delivered by our SESUG EC featured speakers. Speaker Travel Costs are fully paid by SESUG.
- While primarily supporting the SouthEast region, SESUG will also provide a speaker to user groups in the Northeast if funds allow.
- Local and in-house SAS user groups in the SESUG region (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington DC, Puerto Rico) are eligible to participate..
- For organizations with locations in multiple regions, SESUG also supports entities with a presence (SAS users) in this region.
- User groups in the former NESUG region are also eligible to apply.
- Sponsorship is limited to one speaker each calendar year. Selected speakers can be expected to provide more than one presentation at a single user group meeting if requested.
- Virtual speakers are also available to provide live presentations.
- SESUG fulfills local and in-house SAS user group requests for speakers based upon speaker availability and reasonable travel costs.
- In order to accommodate multiple user group requests on a limited budget, SESUG may request use of an alternate speaker, user group contribution to the costs, or acceptance of a virtual presentation if projected speaker travel costs exceed the budgeted amount.
Requesting a Speaker:
NOTE: Requests are fulfilled based on speaker availability and reasonable travel expenses.
- Please plan as far in advance as possible so that SESUG can accommodate your request.
- After reviewing the available topics, speakers, and speaker bios by
select your “top three choices” of speakers, and email your request
to Abbas Tavakoli. Please include:
- Desired date / time / location of meeting
- User Group name and contact information
- Three preferred speakers, and the presentation titles of interest.
- SESUG will review your request and, if fulfilled, SESUG will provide you with confirmation of:
- Speaker / title(s)
- Travel arrangements.