- Speaker sharing is one of the many ways SESUG and SAS support local SAS user groups.
- SESUG and SAS will co-sponsor and provide SAS user groups in the SouthEast a yearly presentation selected from our list of topics and delivered by our SESUG EC featured speakers. Speaker Travel Costs are fully paid by SESUG and SAS.
- Local and in-house SAS user groups in the SESUG region (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington DC, Puerto Rico) are eligible to participate.
- Sponsorship is limited to one speaker each calendar year. Speakers do facilitate requests to provide more than one presentation at a User Group Meeting.
- SESUG fulfills local SAS user group requests for speakers based upon speaker availability and reasonable travel costs.
- In support of the SESUG Speaker Sharing Program, SAS provides matching funds to assist SESUG in maximizing the effectiveness and coverage of the Speaker Sharing Program.
Requesting a Speaker:
- Please plan as far in advance as possible so that SESUG can accommodate your request.
- After reviewing the available topics, speakers, and speaker bios at
select your “top three choices” of speakers, and email your request
to Bob Bolen. Please include:
- Desired date / time / location of meeting
- User Group name and contact information
- Three preferred speakers, and the presentation titles of interest.
- SESUG will review your request and, if fulfilled, SESUG will provide you with confirmation of:
- Speaker / title(s)
- Travel arrangements.
- NOTE: Requests are fulfilled based on speaker availability and reasonable travel expenses.